Grand Master Seung O. Choi, compiled an inimparable background as both a competitor and instructor of the martial arts. He was the founder of Choi Shin Do, the practical and progressive martial arts system based on scientific principals.
Grand Master Choi was educated at the Kyung Hee College – Korea’s prostegious national sports academy and became the Korean National Tae Kwon Do Champion and all-Asian kickboxing champion. He also became an International master instructor certified by the world Tae Kwon Do headquarters in Seoul, Korea.
Grand Master Choi came to the United States in 1976 after an extensive search by the Maine Karate Association for a qualified master instructor. His system provides conditioning, self-defense, and fighting skills beneficial to everyone from the casual student to the most dedicated professional.
In addition, Grand Master Choi attained successive Black Belts in Judo, Jiu Jitsu, and Hap Ki Do and was a Chinese Weapons Expert. He received the New England Golden Gloves Best Boxing Trainer of the Year award in 1995.
A list of his accomplishments:
- Consultant to the US Karate Team for the World Games in Denmark
- Trainer of the US Sambo Champion, Canadian Open Grappling Champions and New England Grappling Champions
- Trainer of Two World Kickboxing Champions
- Trainer of US, Canadian and Maine kickboxing champions
- Trainer of 5-time Junior Olympic Boxing Champion, New England Golden Gloves Champions, and member of the US Boxing Team
- Trainer of 6 Korean National Tae Kwon Do Champions
- Instructor to the bodyguards of the Korean President and Korean Army Special Forces.